Using ipad and ipad apps
This webinar offers information that is a new and exciting component of instruction with deaf and hard of hearing students. It includes a series of multimedia presentations that cover a range of topics on how to integrate iPad into instructional practice and what iPad apps and tools can be used to facilitate and monitor student progress. The webinar topics focus on:
- How to manage Apps on your iPad: Download, Install, and Delete.
- Important: to be able to download apps, you will need to set up an iTunes account with a username and a password. If you already have an iTunes account, it will work with the Apps store on your iPad.
- Universal iPad Functions: Multitasking, Shortcuts, Tips and Tricks
- Useful Apps: Top Educational Apps, Games, D/HH specific Apps, etc.
- Resources for Apps and iPad
It will take approximately 2 hours to review the learning materials provided in this webinar.
- How to manage Apps on your iPad: download, install and delete (8:40 min).
- iPad: Accessibility (2:55 min)
- Universal iPad Functions: Multitasking (4:29 min)
- Universal iPad Functions: Shortcuts (3:42 min)
- Universal iPad Functions: Tips and Tricks (8:12 min)
- Top 16 Apps (9:29 min)
- DHH Specific Apps (4:17 min)
- Top Games (2:00 min)
- Noteworthy Apps (2:41 min)
- Notability App (27:47 min)
- Print out: “Notability How to” Guide (PDF)
- Doodle Buddy App (7:45 min)
- App Demonstrations (6:52 min)
- Apps Resources (4:12 min)
- Print out: Apps List for 2013 (PDF format)
You can download and print out the slides of these multimedia presentations: Using iPad and iPad Apps (PDF)
The “Using iPad and iPad Apps” webinar can be used to obtain professional development units (CEU credits) in the area of TECHNOLOGY. As part of the agreement with the Minnesota Department of Education–Special Education, we offer free CEU credits. For information how to get CEU credits, please see Assessment and CEU credits page.