Monitoring students’ progress in reading can help the educational team make decisions related to:
- Determining effectiveness of instructional strategies used in teaching reading
- Determining access to the reading materials and curricula
- Establishing and modifying IEP goals, objectives and benchmarks
- Identifying effectiveness of service delivery models including placement, time allocated to specialized instruction and adequacy of services provided by the teacher of the deaf or hard of hearing.
- Parent/Team communications
Video: Kari Pofahl on why she monitors student progress.